So you’ve booked, and now you’re ready for your engagement shoot. Exciting! You’ve picked out your outfit, have your make up and hair booked and now the big question is where should we get our engagement photos done? Over the last few years, I’ve had the privilege of shooting at many locations, and I’m excited to share with you my top 5 Vancouver engagement spots.
5) This location is unique. One of the top spots that I suggests, may be a location, I’ve never shot at, but does have a unique character to it. It’s going to be somewhere with a special meaning to you two. Is there a location, that you first met or perhaps a location you went to your first date or proposed? Going to a location, that has a special meaning to you both, is an excellent choice!
4) Moving to the next spot, the next location, has vibrant colours, and a whole lot of personality. In the heart of Vancouver, Granville Island, is never a bad choice with numerous options and scenic back drops. Finding a restaurant here after the shoot, makes for a great date night, to finish up the evening, especially when you’re already dressed up!
3) Sea to Sky Gondola is perhaps one of the hidden gems of the lower mainland, 1.5 hour from Vancouver Downtown. Although this location does require some extra costs, the backdrop is completely breathtaking. Living in the Pacific Northwest the mountains look surreal from up top. After a short gondola ride, the easy hike takes you to some breathtaking spots.
2) Lighthouse Park engagement photos, are some of my favourites. On a great day, you get a stunning sunset and can see right across to Stanley Park. Although a bit of climbing is required, it’s totally worth the view for the adventurous couple. It can get quite cold during the spring and fall days, as it’s right by the water. Pack some comfy shoes, puffy sweaters, and get ready for an exciting engagement shoot at this location.
1) Speaking of scenic backdrops, based in West Vancouver, Whytecliff Park takes you to a small beach side, and mini trails. Although it’s not as big as Lighthouse Park, Whytecliff Park still offers a lot for those couples looking for something with a great backdrop. See more here of Queenie and Eric’s Whytecliff Park engagement photos!
Although those are some of my favourite locations, I’m always here to help with picking a location. I was born and raised in Vancouver, and have always enjoyed the city life. I have a soft spot for the city. However, going to new places whether it be outside of the country or just exploring the Vancouver outdoors always sparks my interest. If you have a location in mind, give me a shout and let’s start planning!